I play with three wonderful men who contribute so much to the layers of sounds of our songs!
Douglas Miller Violin & Viola
Doug has played the violin and viola for 55 years. He has played with some 40 or 50 artists. Here’s a few notable performances:
- Cameo performance at the Troubador with Doug Kershaw in 1969
- Papa John Creech’s fiddle backstage at the Fox Theater in Long Beach in 1972
- Opened for Jackson Browne with a band at the Troubador in 1975
- Recorded on a dozen different albums with various artists during the past four decades
- Appeared on the Gong Show in 1976 with Corky Carroll’s Funk Dog Surf Band, of which he was a member for two years.
- Currently performs at the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach. Performing with various musicians since 1971.
- Currently performs with Sasha Evans. The partnership began in 2007.
Doug plays any style of music. He specializes in his uncanny ability intuitively to back vocalists.
Doug is a professional painter and photographer. During the 80′s and 90′s, he took pictures of many Laguna Beach residents, as well as being head photographer at more than 120 weddings. He catalogued most of his negatives, including 350-thousand black and whites stashed away in dress boxes! Doug has painted since 1969. He’s painted every day for the past 17 years, amounting to more than 13,000 pieces of art.
Stefan Macarewich Percussion
Stefan and Sasha met while teaching at a local music school in Dana Point CA . He has played with many different pop, rock and electronic acts. Influenced by early ambient and post-rock bands such as Sigur Ros and Mogwai as well as modern french dance music and dubstep.
Stefan also produces electronic music with the duo Acrobatics. Stefan currently resides in Los Angeles CA.